Who Are We?
DoMiSo was founded in September 2005. It was founded and is directed by Clare Cherry Kinito. DoMiSo currently has 130 students.
Clare graduated from Trinity College and The Royal Irish Academy of Music with an honours Bachelor in Music Education, (B.Mus.Ed. Hons R.I.A.M.). She studied cello with Bill Butt during her time in the academy and previously with Úna Ní Chanainn and Moya O’Grady. From being part of the Dublin Youth Orchestras, the National Youth Orchestras of Ireland and various other orchestras around Dublin she has immensely enjoyed music from early child hood and would like to share that experience with young children today. She has over seventeen years’ experience teaching children music and a lifetime love and joy of being with children.
Clare is a local musician and is married to Henri Pierre. They have three daughters, Ailis, Gaelle and Lyla. You will meet them as DoMiSo can be a family affair!
Aims of Kindergarten classes…
Enjoyment of music.
- Development of musical concepts and skills: Pulse- beat and time, Rhythm, Singing, Phrasing, Listening and lots more. Each class listens to music by the great composers at the end of each lesson.
- Physical Development of motor skills and body co-ordination through action songs and playing of percussion instruments.
- Emotional Development: Being able to express themselves through movement to music. Talking about how the music makes them feel during listening time at the end of each lesson. To help children develop a loving and trusting bond with their parent.
- Personal and Social development: Builds self confidence and enhances self esteem. The child learns early social skills, turn taking, sharing, early self control and discipline.
- Voice training: Kodaly believes that the voice is the first and most important instrument to use and be confident in before commencing to learn a musical instrument.