Delgany National School
Delgany National School is a co-educational school under Church of Ireland Management. There are just over two hundred pupils ranging in age from four to twelve years. There are twelve full time teachers and a number of part time specialist teachers.
The Patron of the school is the Archbishop of Dublin and Glendalough. The school is administered by the Board of Management.
A Little History
Delgany National School stands on a two-acre site in the heart of Delgany village just 100 metres from the Christ Church, Delgany. The Parish School had been in existence since 1665 and the present “old” schoolhouse was built in 1839 on land ceded by Peter La Touche III. The numbers increased from 43 pupils to 115 in 1978 and then to 146 in 1989 so the need for a large premises became obvious. This dream came to fruition in 1990 when the “new” school was completed on the present site and was later extended in 2001 to its present state. There are currently over 200 pupils in Delgany National School.