Delgany is an old village and has been around for over a thousand years.
The oldest antiquity in Delgany is believed to the granite cross shaft which stands in the old graveyard and is known locally as “the King’s stone”. The shaft is from a high cross, the head of which is missing, and it is attributed to the seventh century....read more
The Christ Church in Delgany was built in 1789 by in Peter La Touche. Many members of the La Touche family are buried in the crypt under the Church. Rev Nigel Waugh - Incumbent, The Rectory, 8 Elsinore, Delgany, Co. Wicklow : 01...read more
Kindlestown Castle is a late stone example of a medieval hall house, possibly dating back to the 9th century. In 1301 the Uí Broin (O'Byrnes) burned down nearby Rathdown Castle, and the occupant may have stayed at Kindlestown. But the owner of the lands,...read more